You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1-8, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
1. You hear part of an interview with a sportsman. What does he say about playing for the national team?
A He doesn’t think it will happen soon.
В It isn’t his main concern at the moment.
C The possibility of it happening has put him under pressure.
2. You hear the introduction to a radio programme. What is the speaker doing?
A contrasting weather forecasting in the past and the present
В explaining why weather forecasting has become more accurate
C joking about how people used to forecast the weather
3. You hear a man talking about reading aloud to children. What opinion does he express?
A Short stories are better than longer books.
В The choice of book may not be important.
C It’s hard to know what will make children laugh.
4. You hear someone talking about work. What is his situation?
A He has just left a job.
В He is thinking of leaving his job.
C He has just started a new job.
5. You hear someone talking about his childhood. What does he mention?
A a habit he regards as strange
В regret about some of his behaviour
C how much he has changed
6. You hear someone talking about something that happened at a party. How did the speaker feel?
7. You hear part of a talk about blues music. What is the speaker talking about?
A why it originated in a certain area
В how popular it was in the past compared with today
C its importance in the history of popular music
8. You hear someone on the radio talking about a website for consumers. What is the speaker’s purpose?
A to encourage consumers to make complaints
В to inform consumers about a source of information
C to describe common problems for consumers
You will hear a radio interview about indoor skydiving. For questions 9-18, complete the sentences.
The fans in the tunnel are normally used for putting air into 9_______ .
It has been said that the machine looks like a huge 10_______.
The walls in the tunnel are made of 11_______.
The only parts of the body that can get hurt in the tunnel are the 12___ and ___.
You have to be 13_______ years old to use the tunnel.
You have to wear 14_______ when you use the tunnel.
Beginners have two 15______ lessons in the tunnel with an instructor.
During lessons, you get into a position as if you have a 16_______ in your hands.
The person who created the wind tunnel refers to it as a 17‘_______’.
Indoor skydiving has become a sport called 18_______.