You will hear five different people talking about the reasons why they became very successful. For questions 19-23, choose from the list (A – H) the reason each person gives for
their success. Use the letters only once. There are three extra letter which you do not need to use.
|A natural ability|
В encouragement from others
C careful planning
D peer pressure
E determination to improve
F lack of competition
G constant good luck
|Speaker 1 19 __|
Speaker 2 20 __
Speaker 3 21 __
Speaker 4 22 __
Speaker 5 23 __
You will hear someone giving a talk about taking up running as an activity. For questions 24-30, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
24. The speaker says that when she was younger,
A she envied people who did a lot of physical activity.
В she knew that she ought to take up some kind of physical activity.
C she hated the idea of doing any kind of physical activity.
25. The speaker says that if people take up running,
A she can guarantee that there will be certain benefits.
В they will wonder why they didn’t do it before.
C it will become a long-term interest for them.
26. The speaker says that, in comparison with other activities and sports, running is
A more enjoyable.
В more convenient.
C more beneficial.
27. What does the speaker say about people who feel that they can’t take up running?
A They should talk to people who do run.
В They may be right.
C They know that their attitude Is wrong.
28. The speaker warns people who take up running not to
A be competitive.
В give up as soon as there is a problem.
C ignore pain.
29. What advice does the speaker give about running technique?
A Change the position of your arms from time to time.
В Think of your arms as if they were parts of an engine.
C Pay more attention to your arms than any other part of your body.
30. What does the speaker say about breathing while running?
A Some bad advice is sometimes given about it.
В It takes some time to develop the best technique for it.
C There isn’t a correct or incorrect way of doing it.