New, online version of this test :: Answer Keys :: Tapescript
You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1-8, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
1. You hear a student asking the lecturer something. The student would like the lecturer to
A. repeat one of the words.
B. give an explanation of something.
C. repeat an important point.
2. You hear a politician giving an interview. What is the name of their political party?
A. Social Liberal Democrats.
B. Liberal Democratic Party.
C. Christian Democratic Alliance.
3. You hear hotel staff talking to a client on the telephone. They are unable to provide a room because
A. the hotel is fully booked.
B. the facilities are inadequate.
C. the customer expects to have better service.
4. You hear a mother talking to her child. She is
A. warning the child about something.
B. explaining something to the child.
C. reprimanding the child.
5. You hear a woman talking about her problem with an audio recorder. Now the woman is
6. You overhear a man ordering a cab. The place where he lives is at
A. 269 Radleigh Road.
B. 69 Rudleigh Road.
C. the Half-way Hotel.
7. You overhear a man talking about ticket prices. The man paid
8. You hear a radio presented introducing a song. He
A. likes the song very much.
B. never liked the song.
C. is less keen on the song now.
You will hear a radio news item about a manufacturer of hot-air baloons. For questions 9-18, complete the notes below which summarise what the speaker says.
Douglas Finch award
Douglas Finch is going to be given the Honorary Degree of Doctor of 9 ______.
Douglas Finch was born just outside of Glasgow and went to Allan Glen’s School before reading 10 ______ at Glasgow University.
The Bristol Belle was the first hot air balloon in 11 ______.
In 1968 he was issued with the first ever 12 ______ for Hot Air Balloons.
The Golden Falcon was designed specifically to fly 13 ______.
In 1973 he was awarded the Royal Aeronautical Club Silver Medal for the first balloon flight 14 ______.
In 1978 he attempted to cross the Atlantic in a balloon called 15 ______.
Bristol is considered the undisputed 16 ______ of the world.
Doug Finch has advanced the science, technology and art of balloon flight to 17 ______.
Doug Finch will receive his Honorary 18 ______ at Bristol Business School.