You will hear a woman describing five different recipes for desserts. For questions 19-23, choose from the list A-F which recipe fits the description given. Use the letters only once. There is one extra letter which you do not need to use Use the letters only once. There is one extra letter which you do not need to use.
|A It is not suitable for vegetarians.|
B It cannot be made with fresh ingredients at Christmas.
C It is from an ancient recipe.
D It involves no cooking.
E It is the easiest to make.
F It is rather expensive.
|Speaker 1 19 __|
Speaker 2 20 __
Speaker 3 21 __
Speaker 4 22 __
Speaker 5 23 __
Listen to these two friends discussing the British national lottery. For questions 24-30, choose the best answer A, B or C
24. How does the man feel about the lottery?
A. It is silly but entertaining.
B. There is nothing good about it.
C. It is particularly bad for young people.
25. Who can play the national lottery?
A. anyone older than 18
B. only 20 million people
26. Why was this week special for Tina?
A. She felt lucky.
B. She went to Camelot.
C. She had money to spend.
27. What does Tina think the lottery company does with the money it makes?
A. they keep it
B. they don’t make any money
C. they give it to charity
28. How often has Barry played the lottery?
B. one time only
C. once in a while
29. What does Barry’s dad’s saying mean?
A. Work for your money.
B. Try to win the lottery.
C. It is difficult to win the lottery.
30. What is Tina going to do next week?
A. buy a lottery ticket
B. work overtime
C. not buy a lottery ticket