You will hear five different people talking about the way they study.
For questions 19-23, choose from the list (A-H) which of the opinions each speaker expresses. Use the letters only once. There are three extra letters which you do not need to use.
|A Music helps me concentrate when I’m studying|
В I study best in the morning when I can think clearly
C I prefer to study when I’m lying down
D I find I can concentrate better when I study with a friend
E It is much easier for me to study late at night
F Learning new things comes naturally to me
|Speaker 1 19 __|
Speaker 2 20 __
Speaker 3 21 __
Speaker 4 22 __
Speaker 5 23 __
You will hear a girl called Tricia Simpkins talking at a public meeting about a plan to create a nature
reserve in the centre of a large city. For questions 24-30, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
24. How did Tricia once feel about the countryside?
A She preferred it to the city.
B She paid no attention to it.
C She wanted others to experience it.
25. Why did Tricia take part in a wildlife survey?
A She was required to do it.
B She preferred it to being in school.
C She was asked to do it by her neighbours.
26. What does Tricia say about the results of the survey?
A They were unsatisfactory.
B They were confusing.
C They were unexpected.
27. What does Tricia say about the problems created by trees?
A People exaggerate them.
B People ignore them.
C People accept them.
28. According to Tricia, what is wrong with the trees the council is planting?
A They are expensive to replace.
B They fail to attract wildlife.
C They are too small for the area.
29. What used to happen in the wasteland at the end of Tricia’s street?
A Dog owners used to go there.
B People used to leave rubbish there.
C Children used to play there.