CAE Listening Part 3
You will hear a radio interview in which two young journalists – called Angus Brown and Yolanda Zouche – are talking about their work. For questions 15-20, choose the answer (А, В, C or D) which fits best according to what you hear.
15. In Yolanda’s opinion, what is the most challenging aspect of her job?
A finding suitable images to accompany articles
B trying to locate interviewees
C expressing herself coherently within a tight word limit
D working to demanding time constraints
16. What is it about their work that Angus and Yolanda both enjoy?
A the variety of the projects they get involved in
B the challenge of reporting news effectively
C the opportunity to meet interesting people
D the appeal of searching out information
17. In Angus’s opinion, the advantage of online newspapers over print versions is that they
A are able to cover a greater range of topics.
B can keep up with events as they develop.
C allow interaction by readers.
D reach a far wider public.
18. What made getting a job in journalism so hard for Angus?
A the extent of competition for posts
B a low level of encouragement from others
C a lack of previous professional experience
D the difficulty of establishing useful contacts
19. Yolanda believes that the essential requirement for a journalist entering the profession is
A an ability to write persuasively.
B a clear and logical mind.
C a resourceful and confident character.
D a mastery of interviewing techniques.
20. Angus’s recommendation for aspiring journalists is to
A cultivate an interest in a specific field.
B seize every opportunity to express themselves in writing.
C concentrate on developing a distinct style.
D become a keen observer of life around them.