You will hear a radio interview in which two web designers called Rob Thorn and Sophie Unwin are discussing aspects of their work. For questions 15-20, choose the answer (А, В, C or D) which fits best according to what you hear.
15. Sophie says that the work of web designers
A must reflect constant evolution in the field.
B is subject to rigid time constraints.
C should prioritise aesthetic considerations.
D is limited by technical requirements.
16. Sophie believes the success of a website depends on
A the originality of its appearance.
B the balance of text and illustration.
C the emphasis on pictorial accuracy.
D the logical organisation of its content.
17. Why did Rob first turn his attention to website design?
A It offered an exciting new challenge.
B It was an outlet for his training in graphic art.
C He discovered it was a good way to make money.
D He found he had a particular talent for gaming.
18. The change from being a freelancer to working for a company has led Sophie to feel
A relieved she carries less responsibility.
B sorry she has work that is less predictable.
C disappointed she has less contact with clients.
D pleased she spends less time on administration.
19. What is Rob’s strategy when dealing with clients?
A to defend his own ideas vigorously
B to overstate the time a project will take
C to conduct meetings in a formal atmosphere
D to focus on discussing financial details
20. Both Rob and Sophie say they find inspiration by
A developing a heightened perception of everyday things.
B appreciating new technological developments.
C studying the work of other designers.
D experimenting with other art forms.
You will hear five short extracts about spending time working on a magazine.
For questions 26-30, choose from the list A-H the personal quality each speaker thinks is most important for magazine work.
|A. increased confidence
B. improved IT skills
C. ideas for a future career
D. useful contacts
E. pride in an achievement
F. the ability to work with colleagues
G. broader knowledge of the industry
H. greater self-awareness
Speaker 1 21 [ ]
Speaker 2 22 [ ]
Speaker 3 23 [ ]
Speaker 4 24 [ ]
Speaker 5 25 [ ]
|A. the ability to get on with people
B. an attention to detail
C. the ability to concentrate
D. a single-minded determination
E. formal qualifications
F. good organisational skills
G. innovative thinking
H. willingness to work long hours
Speaker 1 26[ ]
Speaker 2 27[ ]
Speaker 3 28[ ]
Speaker 4 29[ ]
Speaker 5 30[ ]
1. C | 2. C | 3. A | 4. C | 5. A | 6. C
7. Water Response 8. light bulbs 9. (chemical) sponge 10. reproductive
11. wave action/waves 12. (the) land 13. lemon juice/lemons 14. oil leaks/oil leaking
15. A | 16. D | 17. C | 18. D | 19. B | 20. A
21. G | 22. H | 23. D | 24. F | 25. E
26. H | 27. D | 28. C | 29. B | 30. G