Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer
• Happiness could be achieved by leading a virtuous life.
• Controlling emotions was essential.
• Epictetus said that external events cannot be controlled but the 33 people make in response can be controlled.
• A Stoic is someone who has a different view on experiences which others would consider as 34
The influence of Stoicism
• George Washington organised a 35 about Cato to motivate his men.
• The French artist Delacroix was a Stoic.
• Adam Smith’s ideas on 36 were influenced by Stoicism.
• Some of today’s political leaders are inspired by the Stoics.
• Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
– the treatment for 37 is based on ideas from Stoicism
– people learn to base their thinking on 38
• In business, people benefit from Stoicism by identifying obstacles as 39