Choose the correct letter, A, B or C
Assignment on sleep and dreams
21 Luke read that one reason why we often forget dreams is that
A our memories cannot cope with too much information.
B we might otherwise be confused about what is real.
C we do not think they are important.
22 What do Luke and Susie agree about dreams predicting the future?
A It may just be due to chance.
B It only happens with certain types of event.
C It happens more often than some people think.
23 Susie says that a study on pre-school children having a short nap in the day
A had controversial results.
B used faulty research methodology.
C failed to reach any clear conclusions.
24 In their last assignment, both students had problems with
A statistical analysis.
B making an action plan.
Complete the flow chart below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
Is there a relationship between hours of sleep and number of dreams?
Twelve students from the 25 _____ department
Answers on 26 _____
Ensure that risk is assessed and 28 _____ is kept to a minimum
Calculate the correlation and make a 29 _____
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer
Health benefits of dance
• All forms of dance produce various hormones associated with feelings of
• Dancing with others has a more positive impact than dancing alone.
• An experiment on university students suggested that dance
increases 31 _____
• For those with mental illness, dance could be used as a form of
Benefits of dance for older people:
• accessible for people with low levels of 33 _____
• reduces the risk of heart disease
• better 34 _____ reduces the risk of accidents
• improves 35 _____ function by making it work faster
• improves participants’ general well-being
• gives people more 36 _____ to take exercise
• can lessen the feeling of 37 _____ , very common in older people
Benefits of Zumba:
• A study at The University of Wisconsin showed that doing Zumba for
40 minutes uses up as many 38 _____ as other quite intense forms
• The American Journal of Health Behavior study showed that:
– women suffering from 39 _____ benefited from doing Zumba.
– Zumba became a 40 _____ for the participants.
|Listening Section 1|
5. colour / color
9. ten/10 days
|Listening Section 2|
19&20. B, C
|Listening Section 3|
27. humans / people
|Listening Section 4|