In all times education was1 one of the most discussed issues. Nowadays young people enroll to educational institutions for many reasons. In this essay will be considered2 main factors, which pushes3 youngsters to get educational degrees.
In many developed countries scholars decide to continue their education in order to get particular knowledge, so they will be hired by employers. Today`s reality shows that, to be employed, you have to provide finished higher education degree. That is why children in schools encouraged by parents to get good marks, which let them enroll to any chosen university in the country. While some people argue that university studies is just a waste of time, I believe that higher education is essential for a future career.
In my point of view, another reason out of many, why people tend go4 to universities today is that one wants to increase and update already achieved skills or knowledge. For example, those people, who already have a degree in any specific field and even have work experience want to become narrowly focused specialist. I think this trend is increasing now, as many employers are looking for highly professional workers that is why many people choose to focus on the one5 specific subject.
In conclusion, I would like to say that to be a successful candidate in today`s jobs market, to get the exact working place6, people are forced to get different educational degrees, so they apply to universities. Another purpose of enrolling to educational institutes is to develop and improve already gotten knowledge.
The commentaries are marked in brackets with number (*). The numbered commentaries are found below. The part in italics is taken from the text, the word underlined is the suggested correction. Words in (brackets) are the suggested addition to the original phrase or sentence.
- The times referred to seem to continue, so Present Perfect would be better here: “In all times education has been one of the most discussed issues”.
- Subject should come before the verb here: “In this essay main factors will be considered”
- Factors are plural, so the verb should agree with it: “… main factors, which push…”
- “Tend to do something”
- “One” already has the meaning of “only”, so the definite article is not needed here
- “To get the desirable job/position”, “to be offered a lucrative job” would fit better here