You will hear five short extracts in which people are talking about their visit to a city. For questions 19 – 23, choose from the list (A – H) what each speaker liked most about the city they visited. Use the letters only once. There are three extra letter which you do not need to use.
|A the efficiency of the public transport system|
B the natural beauty of the scenery
C the variety of goods in the markets
D the style of the architecture
E the well-designed plan of the city
F the helpfulness of the people
G the range of leisure opportunities
H the standard of the accommodation
|Speaker 1 19 __|
Speaker 2 20 __
Speaker 3 21 __
Speaker 4 22 __
Speaker 5 23 __
You will hear part of a radio interview with a woman called Rachel Reed, who works in a commercial art gallery, a shop which sells works of art. For questions 24-30, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
24. What does Rachel say about her job title?
A It makes her feel more important than she is.
B It gives people the wrong idea about her work.
C It is appropriate for most of the work she does.
25. What is the most common reason for the gallery not exhibiting an artist’s work?
A The subject matter is unsuitable.
B It is not of a high enough quality.
C The gallery manager doesn’t like it.
26. When can phone calls from artists be difficult for Rachel?
A when their work doesn’t sell
B when they don’t receive payments
C when their work is not accepted
27. Why does Rachel include a commentary in the catalogue?
A It gives background information about the artist.
B It encourages people to buy paintings over the phone.
C It tells people what experts think of the work.
28. What does Rachel say about administrative work?
A She is able to leave a lot of it to others.
B She would like to have an assistant to help with it.
C She finds it hard to get it all organised.
29. What is Rachel’s role in the service the gallery offers to large companies?
A making initial contacts
B responding to enquiries
C promoting a certain type of art
30. What does Rachel find most enjoyable about her job?
A meeting interesting people
B the fact that it’s unpredictable
C being close to works of art