You will hear five different people talking about how they felt when they received an award. For questions 19-23, choose from the list (A -H) how each person felt. Use the letters only once There are three extra letter which you do not need to use.
|Speaker 1 19 __|
Speaker 2 20 __
Speaker 3 21 __
Speaker 4 22 __
Speaker 5 23 __
You will hear an interview with someone who has started a magazine for children. For questions 24-30, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
24. When talking about her job as a primary school teacher, Kate emphasizes
A how much effort the job required.
В how good she was as a teacher.
C how difficult the children could be.
25. Kate decided to start her own magazine for children
A because both children and parents suggested the idea.
В when she was working in publishing for children.
C after considering what was available for children.
26. What does Kate say about enthusiasm?
A Children respond positively to it.
В Children cannot maintain it for long. i m
C Children experience it more than adults.
27. Kate says that she learnt from her research that children
A don’t want to feel that they are being considered inferior.
В don’t like texts that have too much serious content.
C don’t know some words that she had expected them to know.
28. Kate says that the age range for the magazine
A may change to some extent in the future.
В may not be exactly what it is stated to be.
C has been decided after asking parents.
29. Kate says that the magazine makes use of the Internet because
A some children prefer using it to learn about subjects.
В some subjects cannot be covered fully in the magazine.
C it is used a great deal in connection with some school work
30. Kate says that one of her aims for the magazine is to
A include subjects that children dun’l normally read about.
В create an interest in subjects some children consider boring.
C encourage children to choose what they want as a career.