New, online version of this test :: Answer Keys :: Tapescript
You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1-8, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
1. You hear part of an interview with a pop singer. How does she feel about what happened?
A embarrassed by her mistake
В angry with her tour manager
C confused about what happened
2. You hear part of a radio programme for young people. What advice does the speaker give?
A Try to discuss the matter with your friends.
В Pay no attention to the people who laugh at you.
C Encourage other people to be like you.
3. You hear a radio presenter talking about a book. What does the presenter say about the book?
A Some of the writers have already had their work published.
В It contains work that was entered for a competition.
C It is very well organised.
4. You hear someone talking on the phone. What is the speaker’s purpose?
A to resolve a disagreement
В to make a threat
C to apologise for previous behaviour
5. You hear someone talking to an assistant at a box office. What is the situation?
A The man has lost his tickets.
В The man was sent the wrong tickets.
C The man wants to return the tickets.
6. You hear someone talking about her personality. What is the speaker doing?
A admitting something
В explaining something
C promising something
7. You hear two people talking. What is the relationship between them?
A They are members of the same club.
В They live in the same building.
C They are studying on the same course.
8. You hear a local radio presenter talking about a competition. Which of the following is true of the competition?
A The first part does not involve any cooking.
В The second part involves ten people cooking on their own.
C The final part takes place at a different restaurant.
You will hear an interview with a representative of a wildlife park called Paradise Wildlife Park. For questions 9-18, complete the sentences.
Paradise Wildlife Park
Project Life Lion is connected with diseases spread by 9_______ .
The Park has created its own 10_______ system, and other organisations use it.
A wide variety of 11_______ events (e.g. barbecues) are held at the Park.
For charity events, the Park will provide cheap tickets and 12______.
The Park’s sister company gives people a chance to be a 13_______.
People paying to adopt an animal get a 14_______, a photograph, information about the animal and a free ticket for two people.
People who visit the Park 15______ in a year benefit from having a season ticket.
When the weather is cold, visitors can still enjoy using the 16_______.
One of the Experience Days involves being an 17_______ for a day.
The Park is looking for people to do customer service and 18_______ work.