You will hear five different people talking about cities they have visited. For questions 19-23, choose from the list (A – H) the opinion each person gives about the city. Use the letters only once. There are three extra letters which you do not need to use
|A It was exactly as I had imagined.|
В It is not as good as it used to be.
C It is hard to find your way around it.
D It is overrated.
E It can get too crowded.
F It takes time to get used to.
G It is too expensive.
H It was even better than I expected.
|Speaker 1 19 __|
Speaker 2 20 __
Speaker 3 21 __
Speaker 4 22 __
Speaker 5 23 __
You will hear an interview with someone who is involved in the music business. For questions 24-30, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
24. What does James say about the radio station he started?
A Its name was very appropriate.
В It was more popular than he had expected.
C It was not very expensive to run.
25. What does James say about people’s attitudes towards his age?
A They were nicer to him when he was 12 than when he was 16.
В They were more jealous of him when he was 12 than when he was 16.
C They expected more of him when he was 16 than when he was 12.
26. James says that his career in music has included
A taking over a local radio station.
В making advertisements.
C setting up new festivals.
27. What do we learn about advertising on James’ TV channel?
A There isn’t any of it.
В It always includes music.
C It doesn’t interrupt the programmes.
28. What does James say about the people interviewed on the channel?
A They have to say something interesting.
В They enjoy being interviewed.
C They often say unexpected things.
29. What does James say about his ideas?
A Some of them are not very realistic.
В He expects to have good ones all the time.
C He makes sure that he doesn’t forget them.
30. James’s advice to listeners who might want to go into business is to
A forget about past problems.
В learn from past mistakes.
C take big risks.
Click to download this FCE Listening worksheet in PDF