You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1-8, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
1. You hear a man telling a police officer about a robbery he saw. What was stolen?
B silver vases
2. You hear a doctor examining a patient. What is wrong with the patient?
A a sore throat
B a swollen eye
C a bad cut
3. You hear a man talking to a colleague. What does he want her to do for him?
A send a fax
B attend a meeting
C make some photocopies
4. You hear a husband and wife talking about their plans for a trip. When are they going to leave?
5. You hear two co-workers discussing plans for something. What are they trying to arrange?
A a meeting
B a party
6. You hear a woman phoning to make a doctor’s appointment. When will she see the doctor?
A this Wednesday
B this Friday
C next Wednesday
7. You hear a student talking about his school books. Where did he leave them?
A in the library
B at school
C at home
8. You hear a husband and wife discussing what to call their new baby. What name do they choose?
You will hear a lecture given to a group of parents about keeping children safe in water. For questions 9-18, complete the notes below which summarise what the speaker says.
CHILDREN AND WATER SAFETY
The speaker says a 9 ______ may be dangerous for small children.
The 10 ______ of the Royal Lifesaving Society website can be found on the fact sheet.
A child can start swimming lessons when it is 11 ______ old.
During swimming lessons, very young children learn to roll onto their 12 ______.
At a private pool, there should be one supervisor for every 13 ______ children.
Children must learn not to go close to the 14 ______ unless an adult is supervising them.
There are many more 15 ______ in private swimming pools than public pools.
At home, put an alarm on the rear 16 ______ so you hear a noise if your child has gone into the garden.
Apart from public and private pools, the 17 ______ can also be dangerous to children.
At the beach, a 18 ______ flying is a sign which means you must not swim.