You will hear five short extracts in which people are talking about what makes a good teacher. For questions 19-23, choose from the list (A-H) what each speaker says a good teacher should do. Use the letters only once. There are three extra letter which you do not need to use.
|A. set an example of hard work|
В. keep up-to-date with the latest ideas
C. give information on individual progress
D. be available outside class time
E. give a lot of encouragement
F. have an entertaining approach
G. set a realistic amount of homework
H. have good qualifications
|Speaker 1 19 __|
Speaker 2 20 __
Speaker 3 21 __
Speaker 4 22 __
Speaker 5 23 __
You will hear an interview with a singing teacher called Rosie Carnes, who is talking about her work. For questions 24-30, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
24. What difficulty for singers does Rosie mention?
A not hearing how they sound to others
В not fulfilling childhood expectations
C not knowing how to breathe properly
25. According to Rosie, which part of the body should singers warm up first?
A the spine
В the mouth
C the throat
26. Rosie says that a singer’s knees should
A remain tense.
В be bent slightly.
C be kept close together.
27. To maintain a good voice, Rosie mostly recommends that singers
A drink water.
В suck sweets.
C breathe in steam.
28. When learning the words of songs, Rosie often
A imagines they have different meanings.
В gets a friend to help her practise them.
C repeats them while doing other things.
29. Rosie advises people hoping to become singers to
A consider how strong their ambition is.
В be careful not to damage their voice.
C take advantage of opportunities to perform.
30. Rosie tells us about a friend who
A avoids singing on recordings.
В prepares in her car before performing.
C suffers very badly from nerves on stage.