You will hear five short extracts in which people are talking about classical music. For questions 19-23, choose from the list (A-H) the reason each person gives for starting to play classical music. Use the letters only once. There are three extra letter which you do not need to use.
|A. following a family tradition|
В. being introduced to a range of good music
C. the experience of attending a concert
D. the encouragement of a teacher
E. hearing it in an everyday situation
F. realising the importance of starting young
G. the influence of someone famous
H. finding other types of music unexciting
|Speaker 1 19 __|
Speaker 2 20 __
Speaker 3 21 __
Speaker 4 22 __
Speaker 5 23 __
You will hear an interview with a professional athlete called Ann Brown. For questions 24-30, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
24. What does Ann say about her performance in the world championships?
A She was disappointed not to win.
В She wishes she’d been more prepared.
C She did better than she’d been expecting to.
25. How does Ann feel about the place where she trains?
A She finds it quite boring.
В She enjoys looking at the scenery.
C She pays little attention to where she is.
26. What does Ann think of the idea of taking a ‘day off’ from training?
A She thinks all athletes need one sometimes.
В She would like to have more of them.
C She doesn’t find them necessary.
27. What is Ann’s attitude towards the other competitors in races?
A She avoids close social contact with them.
В She’s made a few good friends amongst them.
C She finds it easy to talk to them when she has to.
28. In her free time, Ann enjoys
A kite flying.
29. How does Ann feel about being recognised in public?
A She’s relaxed about it.
В She finds the attention exciting.
C She dislikes signing autographs.
30. When thinking about the future, Ann
A plans around five years in advance.
В admits to worrying about getting injured.
C remains focused on winning important races.