New, online version of this test :: Answer Keys :: Tapescript
You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1-8, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
1. You hear two friends talking about attending a motor-racing event. They agree that the best thing about it was
A the race.
В the facilities.
C the atmosphere.
2. You hear a football coach talking about a match. He thinks that the team lost because
A they lacked concentration.
В they hadn’t practised enough.
C they weren’t very fit.
3. You hear two people talking about a computer game. Why does the boy dislike it?
A It’s boring.
В It’s expensive.
C It’s complicated.
4. You hear a woman talking about judging a poetry competition. What surprised her?
A how nature was seen in the poems
В how many poems some people wrote
C how humorous the poems were
5. You hear a young man talking about travelling alone for the first time. How did his parents react to the idea?
A They were helpful.
В They were worried.
C They were angry.
6. You hear part of a talk by a nurse. What is she doing?
A giving instructions to a new colleague
В explaining how patients should be treated
C outlining the good and bad points of the job
7. You hear a man talking about a long-distance journey he made. How did he travel?
A by bus
В by motorbike
C by car
8. You hear two friends talking about listening to the radio. What did the girl like about the programme she mentions?
A It was amusing.
В She learned something.
C The presenter was good.
You will hear a singer called Tim Tanner, who sings with his twin brother Sam Tanner, talking about their lives and career. For questions 9-18, complete the sentences.
Singing twins: Tim and Sam Tanner
The name of the talent competition which the twins won is 9 ______ .
Tim is exactly 10 ______ older than Sam.
The twins were born in the month of 11 ______.
The main physical difference between Tim and Sam is their 12 ______.
Tim has a less 13 ______ personality than Sam.
At school, both Tim and Sam were good at 14 ______.
Sam started taking 15 ______ lessons when he was thirteen.
The fact that the twins share the same 16 ______ sometimes leads to arguments.
Tim says a key part of the twins’ image is the 17 ______ they wear.
The title of the twins’ next album is 18 ______.