Choose the correct letter; A, В or C.
Nanotechnology: technology on a small scale
31 The speaker says that one problem with nanotechnology is that
A it could threaten our way of life
B it could be used to spy on people
C it is misunderstood by the public
32 According to the speaker, some scientists believe that nano-particles
A should be restricted to secure environments
B should be used with more caution
C should only be developed for essential products
33 In the speaker’s opinion, research into nanotechnology
A has yet to win popular support
B could be seen as unethical
C ought to be continued
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
Complete the notes below.
Uses of Nanotechnology
• Nanotechnology could allow the development of stronger 34
• Planes would be much lighter in weight.
• 35 travel will be made available to the masses.
• Computers will be even smaller, faster, and will have a greater 36
• 37 energy will become more affordable.
• Nano-robots could rebuild the ozone layer.
• Pollutants such as 38 could be removed from water more easily.
• There will be no 39 from manufacturing.
Health and Medicine
• New methods of food production could eradicate famine.
• Analysis of medical 40 will be sped up.
• Life expectancy could be increased.