IELTS Listening Section 4
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
THE SPIRIT BEAR
• It is a white bear belonging to the black bear family.
• Its colour comes from an uncommon 31 .
• Local people believe that it has unusual 32 .
• They protect the bear from 33 .
• The bear’s relationship with the forest is complex.
• Tree roots stop 34 along salmon streams.
• The bears’ feeding habits provide nutrients for forest vegetation.
• It is currently found on a small number of 35 .
• Habitat is being lost due to deforestation and construction of
36 by logging companies.
• Unrestricted 37 is affecting the salmon supply.
• The bears’ existence is also threatened by their low rate of 38 .
• Interested parties are working together.
• Logging companies must improve their 39 of logging.
• Maintenance and 40 of the spirit bears’ territory is needed.