New, online version of this test :: Answer Keys :: Tapescript
You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1-8, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
1. You hear a young man talking about his hobby of rock climbing. How does he feel about it?
A satisfied with his level of expertise
B concerned about doing a dangerous sport
C proud when he copes with difficult conditions
2. You hear a public announcement at a family theme park. What does the announcement contain?
A a change to a timetable
B details of a new attraction
C instructions about a location
3. You hear two people talking about a course they have attended. What was the topic of the course?
A book illustration
4. You hear two people talking about a film they have both seen. What do they agree about?
A The story wasn’t very original.
B Reviews of the film weren’t accurate.
C The message wasn’t very positive.
5. You hear a man being interviewed about a new project he has set up in his home town. What is the purpose of the project?
A to reduce the amount of litter on a town’s streets
B to increase the inhabitants’ awareness of recycling
C to stop shopkeepers using plastic bags for customers’ purchases
6. You hear a man talking on the radio about salespeople. What does he say about them?
A They take pride in forming good relationships with buyers.
B They keep one objective in mind at all times.
C They prefer people they think are easy to sell to.
7. You hear two friends talking about a student website. What do they agree about it?
A It is visually attractive.
B It has a lot of useful advertisements.
C It is easy to navigate round.
8. You hear a chef talking about taking part in a cookery competition. What did he find surprising?
A how nervous he felt
B how rushed he felt
C how tired he felt
You will hear a man called Chris Graham talking to a group of students about a vacation job he had in Australia. For questions 9-18, complete the sentences.
My Vacation Job in Australia
Chris thinks the best place to find a job like he had is the 9 _______ .
Chris is studying 10 _______ at university.
For most of the time he was working for the travel company, Chris lived in a 11 _______ outside of the town.
Chris was often asked to go to a 12 _______ at the weekend.
In the mornings, Chris had to drive tourists to see the 13 _______ in the desert.
Many of the tourists were unaware of the need to keep their 14 _______ covered up when they were in the sun.
The tourists particularly wanted to know how to tell the difference between the 15 _______ of the wild animals.
In the afternoons, the tourists were able to see some 16 _______ that had more than one use.
Chris says that the local government would like to have a larger 17 _______ to attract tourists.
Chris advises other students to send off their job application forms in the month of 18 _______ at the latest.