New, online version of this test :: Answer Keys :: Tapescript
You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1-8, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
1. You hear a man giving a lecture. What subject is he talking about?
2. You hear an advertisement on the radio. What is being advertised?
A a breakdown service
B a garage
C a car insurance policy
3. You hear a TV commentary on a sports event. What event is it?
A a car race
B a horse race
C a cycle race
4. You hear a woman talking on the telephone. Who does she work for?
A a building company
B a restaurant
C a hotel
5. You hear an announcement at a train station. How can passengers get to Swansea Airport?
A travel in the front three carriages only
B take a shuttle bus from Newport station
C take a buffet car from Cardiff
6. You hear a shopkeeper talking to a customer called Mrs Figg. What does Mrs Figg buy?
A cotton wool
7. You hear a young man talking about himself. What is he like?
8. You hear a young woman talking about her holiday. What was the best thing about it?
A eating local food
B talking to local people
C travelling by plane
You will hear an interview with a woman called Anita Lee, who runs a successful business producing ready-made Chinese meals. For questions 9-18, complete the notes below which summarise what the speaker says.
People in millions of British 9 ______ eat Anita Lee’s meals.
The Chinese meals which Anita bought didn’t taste like the food cooked by 10 ______.
In order to cook for herself, Anita had to find authentic Chinese 11 ______.
A friend of Anita’s who was the owner of the local Chinese restaurant had trouble keeping 12 ______.
Increased demand made it necessary for Anita to hire people 13 ______.
Anita’s company was given the top prize for ethnic food by a well-known food 14 ______.
She needed money to expand the company, but she didn’t want to get a 15 ______ from the bank.
Lania Foods wanted to make changes in the way that the 16 ______ was produced.
In order to buy back her company, Anita was forced to sell 17 ______.
Becoming Businesswoman of the Year was Anita’s 18 ______.