You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1-8, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
1. You hear a woman talking about her job. How does she feel about it?
A It’s boring.
В She likes it.
С She finds it difficult.
2. You overhear a man telling a friend about a film he saw recently. What type of film was it?
A a romance
В an action film
С science fiction
3. You hear a man telling his colleague about his holiday. What was the problem with it?
A He became ill.
В He argued with his partner.
С He couldn’t see all the things he wanted to see.
4. You overhear a conversation in a supermarket. What are they discussing?
A returning an item
В breaking an item
С buying an item
5. You hear an advertisement on the radio. What is being advertised?
A a festival
В a new music album
C a cake
6. You overhear a woman talking on the phone about her new boss. What is she worried
A losing her job
В being given extra work to do
С her boss is inexperienced
7. You hear an actor talking on the radio about his new film. What does he say about preparing
for the role?
A He had to learn a new skill.
В He did lots of research.
С It was physically challenging.
8. You overhear two people talking about a car. Why are they talking about the car?
A It’s the man’s first car.
В It’s a brand new car.
С It has broken down.
You’ll hear a talk about an endangered species. For questions 9-18, complete the sentences with a word or short phrase.
The Iberian lynx is also known as 9_______
The Smilodon, or Sabre Toothed Tiger became extinct 10_______
In recent years the number of Iberian lynx has fallen by 11_______
Male Iberian lynx can weigh up to 12_______
The main part of an Iberian lynx’s diet consists of 13_______
During bad weather the Iberian lynx will stay in 14_______
Due to a change in the law it is no longer legal 15_______
A female Iberian lynx will be pregnant for a period of 16_______
Since 2005 17_______ have been born in the Donana Breeding Centre.
The World Wildlife Foundation has repeatedly asked the Spanish government
18_______ which goes through the national park