You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1-8, choose the best answer (A, В or C).
1. You hear a man talking about a book.What does he particularly like about it?
A It’s amusing.
В It’s well written.
C It’s informative.
2. You hear a caller on a radio phone-in programme. Why has she called?
A to criticise the appearance of a new building
В to question the purpose of a new building
C to explain the location of a new building
3. You overhear a conversation about families. What language does the man usually speak at home?
4. You hear a woman talking about learning how to make jewellery. What does she say about it?
A It’s made her realise that she lacks practical skills.
В It’s easier to do than she had expected.
C It’s created new opportunities for her.
5. You hear a man talking about a new car he’s just bought. The man was most attracted to this model by
A its economy.
В its reliability.
C its size.
6. You overhear two sales assistants talking about their new manager. What does the woman say about him?
A He’s well qualified for the job.
В He’s been very polite so far.
C He seems very efficient.
7. You hear a man talking about a tennis competition. What does he say about it?
A It was less successful than a newspaper suggested.
В More people should have taken part in it.
C The players enjoyed it.
8. You hear a cycle mechanic talking to a customer. What does he say about the customer’s bike?
A It’s not worth repairing.
В It would be impossible to repair.
C It’s difficult to get the parts needed for the repair.
You will hear a woman called Britt Foxton talking about women’s basketball. For questions 9-18, complete the sentences.
Britt first designed her website when she was at 9 ______.
Britt’s website is now called 10 ______ .
Britt says that 11 ______ is the main topic now covered by her website.
Britt began writing her book in the month of 12 ______.
Britt says that women’s basketball has been an Olympic sport since the year 13 ______.
The first women basketball players suffered 14 ______ as well as discomfort as a result of their clothing.
Britt says that both handkerchiefs and 15 ______ were often found on court after early women’s games.
Britt mentions 16______ as something that women basketball players were not allowed to use on court.
Britt tells us about a women’s team with the name 17 ______.
When talking about her book, Britt describes herself as a 18 ______.
Click to download this FCE Listening worksheet in PDF