CAE Listening Part 3
You will hear a radio interview with someone who has been having ballet lessons. For questions 15-20, choose the answer (А, В, C or D) which fits best according to what you hear.
15. What does Rupert say about the fact that he is doing ballet classes?
A Other people have ridiculed him for it.
В He expects to be mocked for it.
C It is not as unusual as people might think.
D People may think it isn’t really true.
16. Rupert says that before he started doing ballet lessons
A he had been doing routine physical fitness training.
В his knowledge of ballet had been growing.
C ballet had taken over from football as his greatest interest.
D he had been considering doing ballroom dancing again.
17. Rupert says that when the idea of ballet lessons was suggested to him,
A he thought it was a joke.
В he was unsure exactly what would be involved.
C he began to have unrealistic expectations of what he could achieve.
D he initially lacked the confidence to do it.
18. One of the advantages of ballet that Rupert mentions is that
A it leads to fewer injuries than other physical activities.
В it has both physical and mental effects.
C it is particularly good for certain parts of the body.
D it is more interesting than other forms of exercise.
19. What does Rupert say about the sessions?
A The content of them is varied.
В Some of the movements in them are harder than others for him.
C All of the movements in them have to be done accurately.
D They don’t all involve basic movements.
20. What does Rupert say about his progress at ballet?
A It has been much more rapid than he had expected.
В It has made him consider giving up his other training.
C It has given him greater appreciation of the skills of professionals.
D It has led him to enrol for certain exams.