You will hear an interview with a wildlife photographer. For questions 15-20, choose the answer (А, В, C or D) which fits best according to what you hear.
15. The reason Adam tries to keep in touch with amateur colleagues is
A he believes that they can teach him something.
B he sees himself as amateur in some ways.
C he finds pleasure in sharing his experience.
D he was helped when he himself was a beginner.
16. Adam sees professional ethics as
A responsible use of technology.
B respecting other photographers’ needs.
C honesty about the way shots were made.
D prioritising the needs of the subjects.
17. What does Adam say about knowledge of wildlife?
A it is has equal importance to technical competence.
B There is an abundance of literature to give sufficient knowledge to aspiring photographers.
C Knowing about wildlife results in taking better pictures.
D Knowledge of technology is more important than that of wildlife.
18. Mentioning recent shooting of bird species called ‘Great Crested Grebes’, Adam says that
A he researched the way the bird behaves beforehand.
B he chose his clothing carefully.
C he tried his best to approach the bird’s nest as close as possible.
D he made sure he didn’t disturb the birds.
19. Adam concedes that he switched to digital from analog photography because
A it was more advanced technically.
B it was more financially viable.
C it was easier to carry it around.
D it was more simple to use.
20. What is Adam’s attitude to getting the first prize in the competition?
A he is grateful for the sizeable price
B he is happy because the winning pictures hold special meaning to him
C he feels lucky because he believes other people’s pictures were better
D he feels pride for having his works chosen over other’s
You will hear five short extracts in which people are talking about their favourite possessions.
For questions 26-30, choose from the list A-H what makes the possession so valuable
A in a bedroom cupboard
Speaker 1 21 [ ]
Speaker 2 22 [ ]
Speaker 3 23 [ ]
Speaker 4 24 [ ]
Speaker 5 25 [ ]
|A it was a present from|
B it is the work of a friend.
C it is worth a lot of money.
D it reminds them of their
E It seems to bring them luck.
F it has an unusual beauty.
G it has an historic value.
H It was given to them on a
|Speaker 1 26[ ]|
Speaker 2 27[ ]
Speaker 3 28[ ]
Speaker 4 29[ ]
Speaker 5 30[ ]
1. B 2. B 3. A 4. C 5. C 6. C
7. Greenland 8. kites 9. architects 10. kayaking
11. (the) North Pole 12. geologist 13. mind(s) 14. networking
15. C 16. D 17. C 18. A 19. B 20. B