For questions 25-30, complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between two and five words, including the word given. Here is an example (0).
0.During our holidays, we eat out rather than cook at home.
During our holidays, we eat out _______________ at home.
Example: 0. INSTEAD OF COOKING
25. Thomas spoke so quickly I had difficulty understanding him.
Thomas spoke so quickly I him.
26. They’ve postponed the match and it’ll be played next weekend.
The match until next weekend.
27. I’m never going to speak to Louis again.
I’ve got to Louis again.
28. It seems certain that lightning started the forest fire.
The forest fire by lightning.
29. It wasn’t worth going to the market because it was closing.
The market was closing, so going there.
30. We phoned the restaurant, but they said booking a table wasn’t necessary.
We phoned the restaurant, but they said we a table.
For this task: Answers with explanations :: Vocabulary