You will hear part of a radio interview with a jam-making businessman. For questions 15-20, choose the answer (А, В, C or D) which fits best according to what you hear.
15. How did Douglas first began making jams?
A As a school assignment.
B As a business suggestion from a relative.
C He needed to sell something at a school fair.
D A busy family member asked him for help.
16. After leaving school, what was his first aim for business?
A to promote his product to other markets.
B to cut down costs.
C to introduce new products.
D to innovate his production process.
17. Douglas’s new jams stand out because
A they took a long time to develop.
B they are not as sweet as others.
C they are made of natural ingredients only.
D they have various fruit flavours.
18. Eventually Douglas managed to convince a manufacturing company because
A one of their senior staff was his friend.
B they appreciated his enthusiasm.
C they liked the original idea behind jams.
D they had already planned to diversify.
19. How did Douglas and his business mentor meet?
A It was an accidental meeting in a café.
B They met thanks to a person they both knew.
C Douglas was looking for one through a newspaper ad.
D The mentor got in touch with Douglas after having learnt about him.
20. During his sophomore year at university, Douglas
A chose not to pursue his degree.
B enjoyed doing both business and studying.
C found it difficult to complete all his courses.
D decided to put off finishing his studies.
You will hear five short extracts in which people are talking about leisure activities.
For questions 26-30, choose from the list A-H what the speaker says about the activity.
A table tennis
Speaker 1 21 [ ]
Speaker 2 22 [ ]
Speaker 3 23 [ ]
Speaker 4 24 [ ]
Speaker 5 25 [ ]
|A they are getting more involved in it|
B they’d like to do it for a living
C they enjoy doing it with others
D their partner shares their passion
E they can learn from an expert
F they’ve won prizes doing it
G getting better at it feels fulfilling for them
H the creative side is most enjoyable for them
|Speaker 1 26[ ]|
Speaker 2 27[ ]
Speaker 3 28[ ]
Speaker 4 29[ ]
Speaker 5 30[ ]
1. C 2. B 3. C 4. A 5. C 6. A
7. mouse 8. patience 9. hammer 10. pumpkin
11. marble 12. scope 13. jacket 14. incredible
15. D 16. A 17. C 18. B 19. D 20. D